Kalagiakos law office provides specialized law services in one or more of the areas cited hereinafter, covering both national and European Union law.
- Claims and Damages
- Law of Tenancies
- Real Estate Law
We offer our clients legal services relating to any kind of real estate property (private or commercial). This includes questions relating to tax law and to succession law issues.
- International Private Law
Commercial and Corporate Law:
- Founding of Companies
- Liquidations, Mergers and Acquisitions
- Insolvency Law
- Shareholders’ Disputes
- Competition Law
- Industrial and Intellectual Property Law, with special emphasis on Trademark and Patent Law
- Car Accidents
Transportation /Logistics Law
Our office has considerable experience in the field of Transport /Logistics Law– specifically occupying ourselves with the foundation and organization of transport and logistics companies, catering to their current needs, as well as counselling & litigation on disputes arising from their operation.
Our clients perform transports in any possible mode (road, rail, truck, aviation, multimodal transport) and are providers or commercial users, subcontractors, freight forwarders of transportation and logistics services. We also provide legal services in the following areas:
- road commercial transports (national-international), procedure of establishment and operation of transportation companies and issuance of truck licenses according to Greek law 3887/2010 and all relevant Ministerial Decisions, Circulars and legislation; regulatory compliance;
- Drafting, commenting and providing legal opinions on corporate contracts of any kind by and between carriers and/or transport agents and their customers, suppliers and partners;
- we are specialized in drafting international transport terms and rail, road, sea, aviation transport contracts, disputes, liability & proceedings under COTIF/CIM, CMR, Warsaw & Montreal Conventions, Hague Visby – Hamburg Rules, Greek Commercial Legislation and Maritime Code;
- cargo claims, claims for losses and damages occurred during the transport (delivery-rejection of goods, reservations, defective packing – product liability), applicable law & Jurisdiction;
- obligations, rights and liability for the carrier and/or transport agent and the consignee, claims and actions;
- Incoterms 2020 (International Commercial Terms);
- international Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road (ADR agreement), by Rail (RID Convention) and by Sea (IMDG Code); Agreement on the International Carriage of Perishable Foodstuffs and on the Special Equipment to be Used for such Carriage (ATP);
- contract structuring on issues of transportation (freight, suppliers, agents, subcontractors, framework agreements, bills of lading);
- contract structuring in the field of logistics (warehousing, consignment, packaging, logistics services etc.); Legal services to transporters, logistics service providers and subcontractors covering licensing procedures and construction of logistics centers and warehouses, including environmental factors;
- Legal services to our clients covering all questions around the transport law which interface with other legal areas, such as labour, tax, criminal and administrative Law, including relationships with administrative authorities;
- Handling matters related to insurance law issues with emphasis on Hull insurance, P&I insurance, Liability insurance, Cargo insurance and Personal injuries insurance.
Our legal services focus on all aspects of Insurance Law, including: Life insurance, Personal injuries insurance, Professional Liability, Property insurance, Auto insurance etc.
- Distribution agreements
- Franchising agreements
- Leasing contracts
- Contract for works
- Loan agreements
We are specialize in the field of claim management / debt collection and are thus able to relieve our clients from the first reminder, through a judicial summons in a legal proceeding and finally to recover claims by execution.